BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

年少轻狂

521

Today my alarm rang punctually at 3.30am, but HTC owner woke up at only 3.45am.(Again,I was woke up the earliest today.plz give me a loud applause!) I rushed into the bathroom,I could hear Roland’s alarm rang at another side. Haha..thinking that I was late,I quickly bathed and woke jie hui n yaya up.when we finished everything, we suddenly realized that Roland Teo may not have woke up yet! Tried every method to wake him up, which includes texting, calling to trying to menceroboh his room via the bathroom door. I din really know how he woke up eventually, but I jz rmb that he spent less than 5 minutes preparing himself and took the position of driver.Awesome!

I sat at the front seat,my responsibility: keep Roland awake during the journey to Damai Beach. Haha..actually we just wanted to watch the sunrise at a place nearby there.Due to early sunrise in Sarawak we had to wake up that early to catch the glimpse before 6am! Haha..the journey was “Roland Coaster”,Bravo, he drove early in the morning/midnight, on a very small road towards Damai.Not many lamp posts and the roads are quite bumpy. So that’s how we reached the small Kampung without knowing which is the East to enjoy the sunrise =.=

1st time: wake up at 3.45am just to watch the sunrise

8th destination: Sunrise

A few problems we encountered here.
1.Which direction was East?

Okay,since the moon was on the other side,the opposite side would be east.

2.Where's the sun?

It was quite cloudy that morning. It was becoming brighter but we still couldn’t see the sun!

Suan le,we ended up taking a lot of photos. Utilizing the photography functions of my Nikon D3000 and HTC Incredible S.haha..did a lot of photography indeed.Jump shots! Now,it’s 6.XXam in the morning.

9th destination: Damai Beach

We paid RM3 as student to enter the Damai Beach owned by a resort nearby.the beach is much nicer than Tanjung Bidara,it was cooler and had quieter environment. Applying only a little sunblock, we played in the seawater. The sea here is a better swimming place because it is deeper than Tanjung Bidara. Yaya didn’t want to wet herself in the sea, so she became our photographer. There are some memorable scenes: 1) Jia Jia was trying hard to tell Luke impromptu story, adding all the lame essences into it, and I was the translator; 2)Yaya ran so fast because she didn’t want to be thrown into the sea by Roland and Matthew; 3) our AWESOME N COOL pose, I curved myself so hard to be a ‘S’;4) due to buoyancy,Roland’s big head cannot go under the water;5) Roland was buried in the sand and he was so ugly and crazy :P; 6)Matt and a few others were stung by Jellyfish. I was quite lucky being safe because I was just beside him when he was stung. Later,we bathed and have snacks as our lunch.

10th destination: Damai Cultural Village


This is the place that every tourist guidebook and tour package would include. Thanks to Roland’s mother,we paid for only RM15 to enter the cultural village,instead of RM60 that originally should be paid by foreigners and west M’sian.I expected to have a cultural show (n we made it just in time!),but it should be in a longhouse,not an air-conditioned place. We visited the tradisional houses of Bidayuh, Iban’s long house, Orang Ulu’s, Penan’s hut and also some familiar ones like Orang Melayu and Chinese. I was a little disappointed because I thought that there will be more professional people briefing us about the place instead of a few women and men in each house selling cakes or demonstrating. I also thought that there are plenty of interaction activities like dancing or sumpit which us the tourists can experience.Maybe I was just busy taking photos..my fault.. haha, however we had the chance to play with the Galah (not sure about the name,竹竿舞) and sang “Marry had a little lamb” while swinging under the Malay house.lame dao..

We went back to Kuching after being sunburnt for such a long time.we went to a food court and I had another one of my favourite food in Sarawak: Belachan Bee Hoon. I think my 口味变重,I like the heavy taste of the belachan. Roland said it was a Siamese type of food O.O okay..we oso had a very special mix of drink: Coconut + Sugar Cane. It was actually the coconut flesh not the juice I supposed. Besides that, we had Kwong Pia光饼 and Rojak. At the end, four of us (Luke,Jess,Zcho Huey n Me) finished up 10 kwong pias, 3 plates of Belachan Bee Hoon, 4 glasses of Coconut sugar cane drink and a plate of Rojak.Cool!

1st time: Coconut + Sugar Cane

It was a wonderful evening. After bathing, Roland Teo finally agreed to perform violin for us, his three guests.He broughtout his violin from the black case slowly, wiped the bow with Rosin patiently and us waiting eagerly.Finally he starts…


He started with a few songs which I couldn’t remember. I was touched when he played this. “Liang Shan Bo and Zhu Ying Tai” (梁山伯与祝英台).The words showing my feelings appear in my mind immediately when he starts playing :

我正呼吸Roland的音符


Xue Min's translation: I am breathing Roland's music.
He played some typical pieces like Vivaldi’s Four Seasons and ATCL exam piece ( which starts with Eb,G,Bb). And a song Ya Shin likes when she heard while bathing. However, Roland ruined most of the songs’ endings including the one Yaya likes. I think he was just lack of practice which caused the violin sounded a little hard n not natural. Roland Teo,can u stop talking when u r playing? Is that ur “Roland Teo” style?


第一次:听张毓麟拉小提琴 :]

At night,Roland’s parents treat us seafood dinner at Topspot. Topspot is actually a space on the top floor of a parking building. All the stalls there are selling seafood! Roland’s parents have booked two tables and they ordered plenty of dishes for us. Before that,I tried my 1st Kedondong drink there.Quite nice,a little sour but not too sweet.Aunty even got us two kedondong fruits and it tastes like 猪母奶(in Hokkien). I was so full and I just realize that Wong Ya Shin is a potential vacuum cleaner!she ate so much and I think I just ate 3/5 of what she ate. The treat was awesome!we had prawns, sting rays, deer meat, Midin(a type of fern),La La jian, Black pepper crabs and I forgot liao. Thank you so much,aunty and uncle!

1st time: Buah Kedondong drink

11th destination: Kuching Waterfront

After fetching Roland’s bro,we went to Kuching Waterfront again. We were here yesterday, but now it was cool and more lively. There are people performing,singing, strolling, watching and us walking along the Sarawak River and taking photographs. We wanted to meet Matthew them but we were late, and Luke them were walking towards the different direction.haha.. It was so hard to take the night scenery of DUN and Astana across the river without the help of Tripod.(I should have bring them over ><).Uncle likes photography too and he told me some experiences in photography. Haha..Mr. Perfectionist Roland Teo was trying hard to take photo of DUN and Astana. The dimming light of DUN indicates that it’s 11pm at night.

12th destination: 101

101 is actually a food court near Roland’s house. This is where Kuching ppl have their Night Life, having supper and watching football match from the huge screen, like Mamak stall. We just went there for a while to feel the atmosphere. Everyone just order a drink and sat for a while.When we went back at night, everyone was so exhausted waking up at 3.45am or 4.30am in the morning! Tonight, jie hui n I fell asleep (yeah,my turn to sleep on the bed!) before Ya Shin came out from bathing and switched off the light.


第三天,


今天真的真的很累,3点多起来!本来想赖床的,可是想到Roland那么负责任,他一定很早起来准备好的,我们怎么可以迟到呢?哈哈…虽然他最后成为最迟睡醒的,但还是很感谢他愿意早起载我们到Damai看日出。我们真的很ki siao咯!因为Matt的一句话,整帮人很早就爬起来,然后3辆车浩浩荡荡出发,却没有看到日出。很累但很开心!这就是我们趁年轻,还没上大学的时候可以做的“傻”事。感触,真高兴有你们这帮朋友。

Our gang of AWESOME


雅欣提醒还有两天就要回去了,突然感到很不舍。这几天一直这样跟她们一帮人参在一起玩,本来不熟的也变得很熟了,回到去一定会很想很想他们。Roland的父母真好,请我们吃海鲜又带我们出去玩。Roland也很棒,他拉小提琴给我听。

more photos at FB Awesome-COOL-shuai

0 comments: