BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

32 to 40 minutes

the above figures are the duration of pieces for Piano ATCL Recital candidates

since i have RElearnt piano,decided to REtake ATCL and bought a Kawai
I MUST play my Best and
Attain PASS in ATCL this year!!!

Christina is a "modern" teacher compared to Mdm Tang

1stly,she helps me a lot.
-she finds and photostates the music sheets for me.
-she gives me her brilliant suggestion on which songs are suitable for me
(she said i should play more Romantic or 2oth Century musics!)

2ndly,she does homework.
-this is a bizarre point.does teacher have to do homework?
-not only students are required to do homework i.e. theory?
-certainly,i did my hw,which was simply highlight the Subject in Fugue,
and a New one,Prelude and Fugue programme notes
-for her,the homework are Listens to the music,Watches the video,and Teaches me the correct dynamic+style+mood+music background...
-before that,i dun even know what are exposition and development in Sonata!

WOW,she's magnificent!!!

3rdly,she goes to Youtube and searches the available musics
-then,she asks me to listen to the songs she picked and let me choose the nice ones
-besides that,she brings CD or pendrive for me to copy the songs in them
haha...so,laptop is a MUST in the lesson!
-while my assistant is Mr.Ng Xue Jie,
who always helps me to copy the songs

Update 6/2/10
Baroque" JS Bach Prelude and Fugue in D minor,BMV 851
Classical" Beethoven Sonata in C minor,op.10 no.1
Romantic" ??
20th century" ??

a few choices for the two pieces:
Bartok Suite op.14 the song is unsuitable for me AT ALL!
Brahms Rhapsody in G minor,op.79,no.2 not bad..
Mendelssohn Song without words in G minor,op.53 no.3 another nice G minor
Ravel n Tchaikovsky ( definitely out!!!)
n Schubert's Impromptu, Chopin's Polonaise...i havent listened yet

Which songs suits me??any suggestion,my dear friends?

DEADLINE:
Choose before Chinese New Year holiday starts!!!

4 comments:

.Daniel. said...

i played that brahms rhapsody too!!
for me...try all first, then u will know which suits u.

Wynne C. said...

That last picture of Jerry on the piano is soo cute! And happy chinese new year, darl! :)

Unknown said...

then length of Brahms' rhapsody is approximately 8min.it is playful and nice in the 1st two minutes,but the middle part is somehow too boring.

Try all???will i have enuf time?

thanks for ur comments;)

Happy CNY everybody!

Wynne C. said...

Happy CNY! :)