BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

i-PKPK

I have no idea why my school likes to give every event a short form of name, e.g. KARISMA, INPRO。so now it is i-PKPK,
...pembangunan...kursus..kepimpinan...
conclusively,this is for club or society committee to participate in order to improve our leadership skills and learn how to cope with HEP ( Hah Ehwal Pelajar). As the secretary of IJCC 2010-11, I definitely have the responsibily to join demi my club.

i-PKPK is held in Ampang Pechah,Kuala Kubu Bahru, 21/1 to 23/1. It is an ordinary leadership camp, YET it is my 1st time to join a camp like this although I am an experienced "camper". In this camp, there is around 80 campers, only a quarter of us are non-Malay. hence,some of the time are allocated for Solat, which is quite a new experience for me to have 4 solat slots in one day schedule. Then, there are 6 meals per day, since the camp is just like a NS camp despite the loose rules. However, i gotta admit the food are lousy. Unhealthy and fattenning =(


Our 1st meal: minum petang =.=

3d2n,everyday we have to encounter with the water.
1st day, activity in the evening HALANGAN, the last obstacle is to crawl under the net which has dirty mud water --> my body is covered with mud water and my hair gets wet and stinky. At night, our HEP timbalan pengarah gave a talk but most of us were too tired to concentrate @.@

2nd day, after jungle trekking and survival learning lesson in the jungle, we hop into the Air Sungai. Splash crazily to each other, it is really fun! On our way back to the kem, all the Chinese including me stay behind, singing CNY songs. haha... 


3rd day, worse, every group has to make a rakit using 4 blue tongs + 10 ropes + 7 wood planks. so we tried, tied, soared and sunk = = probably our rakit is not kukuh enuf and our group 5 is the last to reach the destination. Under the hot sun, our instructur taught us how to float wearing life jacket, this is not a diffucult job for me. The climax has reached, now, we have to row our boat across the lake, to and forth and the 1st 3 groups to finish the task win! as we expected, our group was the last to reach although we have been rowing and rowing, some of our members even swam to push the boat manually. haha..but a proud thing is when we rowed back to the "jetty",we are the 1st group to make it. Yay..Boo~
Luckily Ya Shin insisted me to use Sun block. poor weewen, her face is badly sunburnt.

In this camp, i realised something very new.

SOLAT 
I saw Muslims bersolat at locations besides mosque for the 1st time in my life. It was the 2nd day around 4.30pm, before we went for Air Sungai bathing. The Muslims went washing in the sungai,then they came up the bank and started bersolat. I was amazed seeing them bersolat together, males in front and females at the back. Second time was on the 3rd day, before we rowed back to the "jetty". They did the same thing, towards the direction of kiblat and they started to pray. But this time I didnt stand there observing,i went Canoeing with Wi Hong until they finished their solat.

Here goes my 3rd weekend. Although I m now sick,having flu and fever due to lack of sleep during and after the camp, but i still think it is quite worth it joining the camp, at least i learn some new useful stuffs and knowledges =]

0 comments: