BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 6, 2011

25 nights in Akasia (part 1)

I was so AMBITIOUS that I told my parents I were going to stay in Akasia for 4 weeks before study leave. These included a weekend with i-Code activities, a weekend with nothing and a weekend with Tanjung Bidara field trip. I even thought of writing a diary every night of my life without going back home in Akasia. hmm~ eventually I fail, both writing and not going back home. The followings are just some brief notes of what inspired/touched or important memories of mine in Akasia. paiseh~

 1/4 and 2/4: i-Code
I was the exhibitor during i-Code day, showing the Noh Mask Set and Kokeshi Dolls. I remember that week was so busy. Tonnes of letters to HEP, decorative bamboo from dad and the very Grand i-Code Opening Ceremony (which IJCC committees all wore Japanese tradisional costumes). i-Code day was another great day, though the people attending were much less than expected.

5/4: kasih sayang?
This was hilarious. I went for a Kolej gathering at night. Some of the rules set by Kolej Akasia were:

Isu Kasih Sayang:

  • Dilarang berpegang tangan di bas, Pak Li's(restaurant nearby) dan perhentian bas. I wonder, is McD and KFC allowed? ;p
Isu Tatatertib:
  • Saman RM50 if we are found wearing short sleeves or pants outside our block. This means that if you don't want to lose RM50 before realising your mistake, DO remember to cover every part of your body except for ur neck and above, ur hands and feet.

6/4: 想家 + 选择路+ 妈妈的msg
It's only the 10th night I was not at home and I started to miss my family terribly! The depression increased when my mom sent me messages like: "回来啦!家永远是最温暖的。" "我们很想念你。你要好好照顾身体,要多喝水,吃多点水果。" etc..Made me feel like burst out crying, her simple words and msg. There were an angel and demon in my mind, this weekend Shall I go back or not?

7/4:幸福的事
我一边上课,一边准备平
我抄功课 (很有回到中华的感觉,感动得快哭了)AND 
我第一次在Akasia剪指甲
7/4: 11晚之痒
I miss my family so much!!! my Bro, my Mom, my Dad and my Aunt. C'mon, why can't you just go back home?? Just give a call to Mr.Driver (my dad) and he will come within half an hour. Ampang is just 45 minutes away from Shah Alam. Why torture yourself? TT I just want to learn to be independent and determined.

8/4: Maria + 秋桂, 依雯的眼泪
Friday. Chew Kwee, Bao Xu and I went to visit Maria after her delivery. We saw her little baby boy. Very typical German/ European baby look! Chew Kwee 的眼神充满着父爱。He is really suitable to be a pediatrician, definitely.

Yii Wen's tears was another story, which was the main factor that pushed me going back home during the 2nd weekend. I am the lucky one, I stay nearby and I should appreciate. She says, “时候到了,你自然就会独立,现在不用特地强迫自己学习。”very meaningful quote from my dearest roommate.

12/4: 来到INTEC最"1 Malaysia"的地方
I did my Toastmaster Speech at Shah Alam Club for the 1st time! It was my 5th speech entitled "Travel Europe" and it focused on "Your Body Speaks". Most of the club members are adults, only a Malay guy aged 18 and the other were experienced adult speaker. I could say, this is the Most "1 Malaysia"place in after I come to INTEC. The speakers consist of Malay, Chinese and Indian gave comments generously and they are really willing to help each other to improve. I love this environment. Hopefully I can do another two speeches there for CC manual.

13/4: 回到一年前
JPA PILN 2011 interview were held in INTEC suprisingly. Cuz last year for our batch, KL and Selangor candidates had their interviews in PutraJaya Convention Centre, which were grand and cool. Hmm~ so Seniors-to-be did some really funny and some realistic shows for the parents and candidates waiting. (we were just kind enough to prepare performances for the bored or nervous parents and candidates, AND also to release our stress in appopriate way).

List of examples:

(Crying) " I got only 95 for my Chemistry test and it is the LOWEST mark for my class. I feel so depressed now." T girl said. " Oh, I am sorry to hear that. What time you revised till yesterday?" a friend of her asked. "I studied till 3am I think." answered T. "OMG! why were you so lazy, you should not sleep at all. You should study for the whole night. It's your mistake!" the friend shouted.

"Hey, how many you got for your cGPA?" " 3.95. But I am so worried! I am afraid that the Uni would not accept me!"  duh..who took the roles huh?

" I got 99 for my test and my lecturer scolded me for that." A said. "What happened?" B asked. "The average mark of my class is 99.9999 and it was MY FAULT!" A continued crying. 

List of conversations from the parents:

(pointing at me as I passed by) "Why is she wearing like that? Long-sleeve??! Isn't the weather hot enough?" answer in my heart: Auntie, this is not what I want.. Dont Blame me,I am sweating too!

Asking one of the students. "so,this is a Vocational/technical school right? you are sent by the government to study so you have a more secure future." Helo?What do you think INTEC is?! We (ALM students) are future doctors and pharmacists kay?!! INTEC is really a strange word for me, until I am here and realised that MOST of the JPA scholars are sent here for their Pre-U.

And also some 肤浅ppl think that students getting Med twinning India are not as good as twinning Ireland. "Why dont you choose direct or Ireland (twinning)?Isn't much better to accept that offer?" Dear parents, we have no right to choose for ourselves, JPA is the agent who determines our path for us. but that is too early for you and your child yet, Cuz the pre-requisite is: he/she has to be chosen as JPA scholar, our Junior.

0 comments: